The project aimed to develop scalable solutions for managed events and campaigns which engage and motivate participants over sustained periods of time. We created tools for the public to author, share and discuss content using their own devices, and for professionals and experts to collate and edit contributions for publication over broadcast and interactive channels.
Our goals were to:
1. explore convergence of pervasive, online, and broadcast technologies and services
2. use personal devices and sensors to capture and display local information
3. explore how broadcast and online services can provide a national view in campaigns or events, driving the process and stimulating debate
4. develop a platform that integrates diverse media, devices and networks
5. establish business models for new forms of participation
6. demonstrate and evaluate through a series of studies involving the public